With Onion-Apple Sauce
- 20 slices fresh sushi-grade salmon, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup Maui Onion-Apple Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 tbsp chives, cut into 1/8-inch pieces, for garnish
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced large
- 1 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sake
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 tsp coarse-grain mustard
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled and finely minced
- Place onions and apples into a food processor and process into a puree.
Transfer the contents into a mixing bowl and hand mix with all the remaining ingredients. Keep refrigerated until needed.
- Ladle some of the sauce in the center of four serving plates. Neatly arrange five slices of salmon on top of
the sauce on each plate. Sprinkle chives over top of salmon slices. Serve.
- YIELD; Serves 4.
back to Radim and Lisa's Well-Travelled Cookbook | email us
Last updated: November 1, 2010